Wednesday, November 12, 2014

New Book Release: Terminus (Fringe Worlds #1)

After a far-longer period than I ever anticipated, I am happy to finally be releasing a new book: Terminus (Fringe Worlds #1).  The description is as follows:

Master Sergeant Gant Maker was a highly-decorated and well-respected Marine - until his last mission left him as the sole survivor of an encounter with a vicious race called the Vacra. Served up as a scapegoat and drummed out of the military, he has since lived a life of seclusion with only an adopted alien as a companion. 

Now the Vacra have returned. As the only person to have ever faced them and survived, Maker is reinstated in the Corps and given the onerous task of finding this enemy on a world located at the edge of known space. Assisting him is an unlikely band of military rejects, including a blind sharpshooter, an unstable psychic, and a genetically-engineered killing machine who refuses to fight. 

Given that the Vacra have superior weapons and technology, Maker recognizes that his team is at a distinct disadvantage. But Marines are nothing if not resourceful, and Maker has an audacious plan that just may level the playing field – if it doesn’t get them all killed.

This is a novel that, in all honesty, had been eating away at my brain for a while, so the options were either to write it or go crazy.  (I'm sure my wife would say that the latter had already happened, so might as well do the former.)  Of course, that meant putting some other projects on hold, but now I can turn my full attention to them and focus on getting them finished - starting with the next Kid Sensation book.

As always, I feel blessed to have readers who are interested in my work, and I'm thankful for the support. Hopefully those who read it will enjoy this book.





2 comments:

  1. I'll give it a try since I like both of your other series. Can you give an estimate about the releases ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the support! As to an estimate of releases, I had originally planned to have Kid Sensation 4 completed and in the hands of my editor by the end of this month and [hopefully] published by mid-December. Unfortunately, I've had a bit of a scheduling setback. (Frankly speaking, my entire writing schedule for 2014 has gotten blasted to bits, but I hope to do better in the future.) I'm now thinking it will be released around mid-January - assuming I can stick to the current schedule.

      After that, things are a little fuzzy; logic would seem to dictate that I write the next Warden book, but there are a couple of other projects clamoring to be first in the queue: there's a novel from the Kid Sensation universe that will basically tell Mouse's story; a dystopian series that I think will be interesting; and a paranormal series that I occasionally feel so strongly about that I have to stop what I'm doing and write a few pages of it. And let's not forget the Fringe World series that I just started...

      In short, I anticipate being - and will try to be - much more prolific in the future. (I'm praying for the day I can write full-time and crank out a book a month.)

      Delete

Total Pageviews